I can write poetry, I can command a cavalry squadron. Something will turn up.
https://github.com/hellamps | +1 650-779-5479 | firstname.lastname@example.org | https://ru.linkedin.com/in/hellamps
A systems developer with an open mind and broad horizons. Usually a team worker(in Belbin’s terms), with
strong ability to build inter(and intra)team relationships. Easily adapts to existing development models,
strives to improve practices. Has a passion for automation, and open source projects ranging from embedded
systems to enterprise grade software. Experienced in troubleshooting all the way down to the hardware level.
Jul 2014 - present: RingCentral / Nordigy, Senior Software Engineer
Develop a highly available, feature rich, cloud based phone system
● Reviewed a couple of releases from database acceptance policies point of view, including release
branches cut-off, acceptance testing, merging post feature-freeze changes back to head branch.
● Implemented database part of Telus BusinessConnect™ i18n project, helping deliver this product to
multilanguage Canada market. Also in this project an automation procedure of translation data
extraction had been created and included into whole translation process.
● Delivered number of urgent hot fixes to production in short terms.
● Xiamen Feature Team support on developing new features.
● Implemented CI automation for database code/structure changes, helping developers produce. better code
and reducing number of errors, found during acceptance and regression tests
● various maintenance and backlog tasks.
Apr 2008 - Jun 2014: NITA LLC, Senior Software Engineer
Developed a new generation of Flight Data Processing system “Planeta-5”
● Proposed and promoted a solution with a highly available, robust architecture for a new generation of FDP
system based on Oracle database and Pacemaker/DRBD HA cluster
● Tested and created a hardware environment for the new system, including scalability and reliability tests.
Fit all hardware in one standard 42 unit rack with standardized layout.
● Developed various system software components such as monitoring agents, hardware-replacement wizards, startup
scripts for servers and workstations, which make possible to built-in the system in whole monitoring solution
for ATM infrastructure of air traffic control centers.
● Technical liaison for government acceptance of Samara and Magadan Centers of Air Traffic Management. All results
of this acceptances was positive and systems put into operation later also with success.
● Participated in urgent project with adjusting software to new Rediced Vertical Separation Minimum(RVSM) require-
ments, which put on operation in time at Nov 2011
● Built a CI environment based on RPM and git for the entire project
● Backported various kernel drivers to legacy Linux kernels (from newest 2.x, 3.x kernels down to rhel5 2.6.18)
Dec 2006 - Mar 2008 MT-Service, System Administrator and Software Engineer
● Created SAP-based web solution for ordering spare parts for Nokia phones, which was a prerequisite for launching
an authorized Nokia spare parts distributor in Russia
● Decreased time of service repair for Samsung mobile phones by developing a synchronization software between SAP R/3
system and Samsung partners site
● SAP R/3 and Oracle administration, planning, maintenance, licensing
● Developed sync daemons between SAP R/3 and various vendor reports system (Samsung, LG)
Jun 2005 - Nov 2008 Ultrastar, Software Engineer
● Supported and developed billing system for mobile phone payment terminals, serving thousands of pays every day
● Created web application for tracking new mobile service contracts
● Sep 2000 - Jun 2005 M. S. in Computer Science, Belarusian State University of Informatics and Radioelectronics
● Sep 1996 - Jun 2000 Physics and Mathematics Lyceum in Zhodino, Belarus. 3rd diploma at Belarusian Physics Olimpic
*Skills & Proficiencies
● Languages: C/C++; PL/SQL; bash; Lua; Perl; Java
● RDBMS: Oracle and GoldenGate replication; PostgreSQL
● Source Control: git; svn, mercurial(hg)
● OS: Linux, Solaris, Windows
● Packaging systems: Debian, Redhat and derivatives, Solaris
● Software development methodologies: Agile, Scrum, XP.
● Guitar tube amplifiers, DIY, ping pong, volleyball, basketball
● Hardware design ranging from bare metal to FPGA